Oaky Creek Mine, Tieri
Scope of Services
Engeny undertook the concept design and detailed design to upgrade four existing mine water storage dams to achieve environmental compliance targets. Engeny worked with the Client to revise the existing dam upgrade designs by other consultants to achieve more cost effective and constructible design solutions that saved the Client approximately $8M in construction costs.
These dams included:
- Lake Keith Thelma: 90ML, 6m high dam & 150l/s water transfer system
- Lake Leghorn:35ML surge storage & upgraded external spillway
- Rail Loop Pond: 37ML surge storage
- G6 Sediment Dam: 40ML dam & 150l/s water transfer system.
Services provided included:
- dam design
- mechanical design of water transfer systems (pump & pipelines)
- capital cost estimation
- construction specification and QA support.