BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance
Scope of Services
Engeny has recently seen the completion the Horse North Pit Development at Caval Ridge Mine. The $60M project involved the northern expansion of the mine and development of a new pit. Engeny was involved from concept through to construction providing engineering and construction support services for the entire project and further demonstrates our capability to deliver large multi-disciplinary projects. This included civil, structural, electrical and mechanical engineering services for the following project elements:
- 3 km of new haul road for ultra-class trucks. Significant capital cost reductions were able to be achieved through construction by utilising pre-strip material for road construction.
- 5 km of new light/medium vehicle road.
- 3 new dams included automated dewatering system.
- New pit dewatering system.
- 11 kV overhead power reticulation.
- 66 kV stubline and transportable sub-station for dragline and shovel operations.
- Remote facilities area including heavy vehicle parking, workshop, offices and crib rooms.
- Low voltage power for remote facilities and lighting.
- Truck fill point with connection to a raw water pipeline with remote operation and monitoring.