Ipswich City Council
Ipswich / Queensland
Scope of Services:
Engeny undertook the detailed design and construction supervision of Jim Donald Park integrated stormwater system in Ipswich. The system incorporates a detention basin, wetland, stormwater harvesting system, and associated irrigation system into the Jim Donald parkland and sports field precinct.
The project was funded through a combination of Ipswich City Council stormwater quality offsets and a non-trunk infrastructure agreement with the upstream developer.
The benefits/ outcomes of the project include:
- Cost savings associated with offset potable water costs with harvested stormwater for irrigation
- More developable land and yield is made available at the site which would have otherwise been taken up by basins
- Reduces the burden of the developer not having to undertake the required 2 year maintenance and establishment period
- Provides a highly integrated solution with environment, engineering, open space and recreation outcomes.
- Increase in pollutant removal cost efficiency through treatment of a larger catchment through an undersized system.
The project was awarded the Stormwater Queensland award for Integrated Stormwater Design and feature in a number of local news articles including 7 News.