Engeny Celebrates 10 Years
2018 marks the 10 year anniversary of Engeny Water Management.
The Early Days
Engeny was born during the peak of the Global Financial Crisis and has soared against the odds to become a leader in water engineering. Engeny founder and Managing Director, George Khouri, had a vision which was birthed in 2008 starting with a team of two working in a small office in the Brisbane’s inner-city suburb of Spring Hill. Ten years later and the Engeny family has grown to over 70 people across the Brisbane, Melbourne and Newcastle offices. This success has been based on the following solid fundamentals which were imbedded in the first business plan and carried Engeny to our current success. These include:
- Establish adequate systems and governance
- Every aspect of the business is built around client needs
- Performance based culture built upon a shared ownership structure (ie; currently more than 85% of staff have ownership of the business)
- Clear KPI, expectation, clear company strategy own by staff.
Great Milestones Achieved
Within these last 10 years Engeny has achieved some great milestones such as:
- Over 60 staff; 80% staff shareholding; five Company Directors; three offices
- Flood Risk Management and Stormwater Master Planning across the Toowoomba Region
- Expansion of front end mine water management planning into project management, detailed design and construction supervision services for mine civil, water and tailings infrastructure.
- The lead technical role in the Regional Secondary Disinfection Optimization Project, which is the largest collaborative water network planning project ever undertaken by the Water Service Providers in Southeast Queensland.
The Team and Culture
This achievement would not have been possible without the great and highly valued team at Engeny. We believe that teamwork, camaraderie, diversity and respect are the foundations of our success and the positive culture that has developed is testament to these values. We understand that a company is only as good as its people, which is why we promote staff empowerment and ownership, and support individuals to be the best they can be. It’s this culture that sees the team strive for the best results for our clients and stakeholders.
We understand that without our clients, we don’t have a business. We believe that by working in partnership with our clients we become an extension of their business. This results in our team providing the best possible value to our clients by understanding their challenges and developing smarter solutions to achieve positive and value adding outcomes. The success of our approach is evident by our strong client retention.
From humble beginnings, Engeny is riding the wave of success with strong organic growth, extremely low staff turnover and sustained financial growth every year. We will continue to put our clients first, without losing focus on the importance of a happy and healthy workplace culture.